Monday, July 20, 2009

My Address


I will be taking off from RDU to Philadelphia on Wednesday morning, embarking on my 2 year and 3 month adventure in the country of Benin, West Africa. I read today that Benin is about the same size as Pennsylvania. I have been studying French and trying to learn as much as I can so that I can adapt without too much difficulty and culture shock. Although, from my last experience in Ghana I didn't really have so much trouble with culture shock, but the reverse culture shock was pretty tough. My address for the first 3 months will be:

Name, Peace Corps Volunteer
Corps de la Paix
B.P.971
Cotonou,Benin

I still have a lot of packing to do. I am trying to finish moving out of my apartment and pack all my suitcases in 2 days. Then I have to say my goodbyes and eat my last American meals, eat my last pieces of ice, sleep in air conditioning, etc...
Click on image to visit my website.

2 comments:

  1. Woooo hooooo!!!! Glad you made it safe. The first few months are intense, but worth it! Remember to take time over everything and a new world will open to you. Enjoy! I am soooo proud of you!

    With Love,

    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the adventure begins! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete